JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1238)
Job Title: Finance Manager
Application deadline: 31.10.2018
Nothing To mention
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum Education: Prefer a Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA equivalent preferred.
- Must have at least five (5) years experience at a senior Finance level in NGO or non-profit organizations and familiarity with international donor agencies and Governments grants administration.
- Previous INGO overseas experience as Manager highly desirable
- Complete familiarity with accounting software.
- Strong leadership ability and interpersonal skills and the ability to train and motivate others is a must; as are outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication Arabic and English
- Proficient with computer applications to include but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, outlook, accounting software, etc.
- Under direction of the WOS Finance Manager and hub lead, provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, accounting, financial reporting and budgeting processes of the organization’s NES office and its programs to implement, maintain and improve financial management systems, policies and procedures, procurements and expenditures, inventory, requisition and record keeping systems.
- Provide training, leadership, oversight and direction to the Hub’s Finance staff..
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s procurements and field accounting policies and procedures, compliance with donor agreements and audit requirements.
- Coordinate consolidation of monthly transactions into Financial System.
- Prepare/review donor reports for in Country submissions.
- Closely coordinate with Program Manager and Hub Lead in order to participate in all major program procurement bidding and vendor selection process in sites. Ensure that vendor selection complies with the organization’s, donor and audit procurement requirements. Ensure that bid selection irregularities are reported to the Hub Lead prior to the vendor selection approval and finalization.
- Ensure that financial records and backup documentation in country are ready for internal and external audits.
- Serve as primary liaison relative to the project finance issues during the fiscal year including audit preparation, audit and post audit time.
- Work closely with WoS Finance Manager and Hub Lead in the country to monitor project budgets and actual expenditures.
- Respond to internal audit demands from IAIA and HQ as these arise.
- Travel to country field locations and assist with country-based risk assessments and internal audit reviews as required.
- Track field audits and follow up on preparation progress and results in accordance with Controllers’ guidance.
- Support capacity-building for country Finance team financial responsibilities based on survey results, risk assessments, field visits, and otherwise identified troubleshooting needs.
- Perform other duties, assignments, as assigned.
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.