JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1223)
Job Title: Context Officer
Application deadline: 24.10.2018
Nothing To mention
Education and relevant qualifications:
- High university diploma in any relevant field (history, political sciences etc.)
- English and Arabic fluency in both writing and speaking is compulsory.
- High computer knowledge especially on excel and mobile data collection software
- Experience in a similar position for an INGOs
- Experience working for a local organization
- Experience in mapping exercise
- Experience in monitoring on context, humanitarian needs and program cycle management
- Experience in negotiation with local authorities and local community leaders
- Experience of field work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good understanding of the context
The organization will offer the successful applicant a Six months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work location will be in Amuda.
Salary and conditions will be according to the salary grid. Minimum 927 USD/month + (allowances).
About the job
Based in Amuda, the Context officer is in charge of context monitoring and analysis, liaison with the local .
Hierarchical & Functional links:
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Line manager+1: Area Coordinator
Functional manager: Security, Context and Access Advisor – NES
Under the line Management of the Field Coordinator, the context officer’s main missions are:
- Context monitoring & analysis.
- Ensure the monitoring of the security context and incidents in close coordination with the Field coordinator and the local authorities in Organizatin areas of interventions, including systematic and immediate reporting of information that can have an incidence on Organizatin operations to the Field Coordinator
- Lead security assessments for new areas of intervention as requested and complete the context assessment form
- Lead road assessments in Hasakeh governorate and complete the road assessment form and the road catalog.
- Collect information, develop local contacts and prepare drafts of RoadMaps for the preparation of assessment visits
- Provide maps and/or geographical information related to security environment, incidents and/or threats as requested.
- Provide weekly updates to Organizatin teams during base meetings.
- Security Management
- Support the Field Coordinator in validating the field teams daily movements in Organizatin’s usual areas of intervention
- Act as one of the focal points for tracking movements during working hours
- Provide recommendation based on context monitoring and analysis regarding suspension of field team movements and/or mission operations
- Contribute to the periodic review and update of the Hasakeh security plan,, including but not limited to: risk analysis, movements and tracking SOP, security and safety of staff protocols, evacuation/contingency plans, incident management.
- Monitor and report report to the Field Coordinator any gaps in security management, incidents/threats and breach of security rules by field staff.
- Support and ensure continuous understanding of, and compliance with, Security and Safety procedures of the field staff, in close coordination with the project managers and project officers
- Internal Coordination
- Contribute to the security mainstreaming by closely coordinating with all departments of the Hasakeh base (Admin, Log, and Program) as necessary.
- Stay updated on the all ongoing developments of the Hasakeh base and programs, in particular recruitment, tenders and new premises and advice on risk and/or security situation which Organizatin could face
- For all recruitments in Hasakeh governorate, carry out a background check for applicants & provide a feedback and recommendations prior to the recruitment confirmation.
- Network, coordination & external representation
- Upon the supervision of the Field Coordinator, develop and maintain relevant relationships with key local authorities in Hasakeh governorate (local HAO offices, local Asayish offices, local councils, village leaders, etc.) and Organizatin’s local network of focal points related to security to crosscheck information
- Develop and maintain strong network with NGO context officers / liaison officers in the areas of intervention
- Archive letters of approval of local authorities and stakeholders.
- Upon request of the Field Coordinator, attend and represent Organizatin in external meetings related to security management
- Provide daily reports compiling the major security/context events of the day and disseminate them among Organizatin teams.
- Write weekly reports compiling the major events and related analysis and trend to the Field Coordinator
- Collect information on security incidents and prepare drafts of Security Incident Reports
- Immediately report to the Field Coordinator any breach of security rules by Organizatin teams or possible issues or Handicap International in its areas of intervention.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.