Security and Humanitarian Access Manager
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1197
المسمى الوظيفي: Security and Humanitarian Access Manager
اخر موعد للتقديم: 43396
حصراً عن طريق التسجيل في موقع المنظمة المذكور.
- Advanced studies or equivalent experience in political science, government affairs or area studies
- Previous experience of security management for NGOs or private sector
- Knowledge and experience working with authorities and external stakeholders and ability to network and build relations
- Understanding of humanitarian principles, risk management and access challenges
- Ability to work in a fluid, unpredictable and complex security environment
- Ability to work with others of different backgrounds and identities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Professional proficiency in English, Arabic and Kurdish
- Technical operational competencies an advantage
Safety, security, movement
- Supervise field safety and security officer to ensure implementation of SMP and SOPs at facilities, by personnel and during movements
- Provide comprehensive, neutral and non-partisan information on security risks, threats and incidents
- Coordinate weekly and daily cross-border movement planning and facilitation
- Evaluate and update security management plans on a regular basis
- Support with contingency planning
- Conduct risk assessments in new areas of operation
- Conduct security training for staff as needed
Liaison, networking, analysis
- Establish and maintain relations and networks in Iraq KRI and Syria to facilitate understanding and influences on humanitarian access environment
- Develop and maintain contact lists, stakeholder analyses and humanitarian access profiles in area of responsibility
- Identify barriers to access and develop strategies to address them in area of responsibility including hard-to-reach and contested areas and establishment of partnerships to expand reach
- Lead development and implementation, with community liaison officer, of community engagement strategies that promote acceptance and access
- Lead on day-to-day operations related to humanitarian access and liaison with authorities and other entities for administrative and substantive staff, program and organizational needs
Monitoring, reporting, communication
- Monitor open sources to collect, compile and report information including incidents and trends pertinent to humanitarian access in area of responsibility
- Develop, monitor and benchmark indicators to provide dashboard-level overview of principled humanitarian access
- Provide and coordinate information for areas where people in need are not able to access humanitarian assistance
- Provide contextual and data inputs into humanitarian situation reporting including for donor advocacy and monthly NGO access report
Coordination, training, mainstreaming
- Provide recommendations for adjustments to SMP and SOPs for field team to maintain, improve or expand humanitarian access and work with field safety and security officer to implement
- Develop and deliver training materials, coaching and advice for staff and partners addressing humanitarian access issues
- Work with implementing partners to ensure the delivery of in-kind assistance and services is consistent with humanitarian principles
- Promote and support integration of humanitarian access approaches into program design, implementation and operation
- Manage strategies to address identified access barriers in specific locations
Capacity Building and Development
- Overall responsible for staff work plans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, and probation and annual performance reviews.
- Work with the staff to ensure performance objectives are regularly reviewed and met.
- If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
- Deliver and execute a plan to hire, train and build capacity of staff.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key working relationships
- Reports to: Deputy Director Cross Border
- Supervises: Deputy Access Manager, Safety and Security Officer, Community Liaison Officer
- Other relationships: field and support operations and programs teams, local authorities, border authorities, NSAs and related entities, NGO counterparts
الجهة المعلنة: IRC
مقر العمل: Amuda
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
عبر الرابط التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.