Health Information Systems Manager
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1196
المسمى الوظيفي: Health Information Systems Manager
اخر موعد للتقديم: 43396
حصراً عن طريق التسجيل في موقع المنظمة المذكور.
- Professional Skills:
- Master’s degree in relevant fields, public health, biostatistics, social sciences, information technology or related field of study.
- At least two years of experience in developing and managing health information systems.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people affected by conflict
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis using a software package, excellent working knowledge of Microsoft excel and data visualization; previous experience with DHIS or DHIS2 required.
- A creative and analytical thinker, with strong coaching and mentoring skills, who has a proven ability to lead in capacity and organizational development.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, use initiative, be flexible, and actively contribute to program’s success and development.
- Positive and professional attitude, patient, flexible, and able work under pressure
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Experience of working in medical reporting will be an added.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, problem-solving, cross-cultural and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English language required; Kurdish and Arabic language skills a plus.
- Previous experience in Syria region preferred but not required.
1) Lead the continued adoption of Health Information System across the NES Syria teams striving for alignment in processes and information where possible.
- Collaborate with country and regional health and M&E teams to ensure system is meeting objectives of monitoring activities, data management needs, reporting requirements, and information sharing;
- Define and implement processes and procedures for information management
Develop and implement strategies for collecting, storing, cleaning and analyzing data for direct and partner implemented facilities;
Develop training materials and train program staff in the management and use of information and support the training of program staff on the system to be used, devices and any other end-users issues related to data management and security;
Support development of partner data collection, collation, cleaning, and management as a liaison between the health and partnership teams;
Support the development of appropriate M&E tools and the collection of program data from both health facilities and in the community.
- Manage testing, training, and rollout of new DHIS2 platform (COMET):
Collaborate with multiple Syria teams, the Regional Project Team, and development team to develop scenarios and test the new platform and ensure it meets business requirements;
Together with MEAL team to lead initial pilot of system; troubleshoot any potential issues; provide recommendations for revisions;
Collaborate with country and regional health and M&E teams to ensure system is meeting objectives of monitoring activities, data management needs, reporting requirements, and information sharing;
2) Oversee and Maintain the Health Information System
Maintain harmonized datasets for all program components in line with the Syria HMIS strategy, programming and data management needs;
Ensure system remains aligned with Syria Monitoring for Action plans;
Regularly provide capacity building to increase quality entry and usage of data;
Work in collaboration with the health and M&E teams to continually identify gaps and solutions in the system including data collection, entry, analysis and dissemination;
Ensure that data is submitted by IRC and partner facilities in a timely manner, enforcing data collection, entry, and quality standards;
Provide information for internal and donor reporting;
Develop roadmap for expansion of the HIS to include additional health areas;
Support health team to continually adapt systems to context and improve quality;
Accountable for ongoing information security of the HIS system;
Manage user access and accounts where such systems exist;
3) Management responsibilities
Collaborate with the partnership team to support the growth of the partner strategy and transition of facilities;
Manage day-to-day supervision and leadership to health information management team members to assist with their development as a high functioning team;
Directly support Syria-based Information Management Officers to actively participate and take ownership over initiatives;
Actively engage with Health and M&E Teams and others to ensure optimal work flow coordinating and performing processes as necessary to support high quality patient care;
Respond to and mitigate health information management issues including confidentiality, information privacy and security, information storage and retrieval, data retention, authorship and authentication of data management documentation, and use of classification systems;
Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Program Monitoring, Support & Capacity-Building:
- Perform training of field staff and roll-out of field-level tools
Assess training needs of HIS stakeholders of all different levels;
Develop training materials and user guides that the team can adapt and utilize with partners;
Support in-person and remote rollout and training for clinic tools and forms;
Provide continual technical guidance and support during HIS trainings and supervision as needed.
- Develop strategies for monitoring health strategic indicators for more efficient and effective response;
- Make regular /scheduled support and supervisory field visits to provide continual technical support and monitoring of the data systems and ensure standardized tools are used across all program sites.
- Support HMIS users to adopt the system according to their role, information needs, and permission levels.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Gather dashboard and regular reporting requirements and submission deadlines from the Health Coordinator and Grants and share with the teams;
- Ensure the required data in the required form and format i.e. disaggregated, cumulative etc. for different sites and donors is prepared early and availed to the reporting Managers in a timely manner taking in to account reporting deadlines for various Grants.
- Participate in preparation of internal and external reports, including submission of weekly reports to Health Coordinator.
- Support project staff to maintain program records and documentation as per project management minimum standards, including maintaining the confidentiality and security of sensitive data like GBV, Sexual assault etc. where applicable.
- Promote the culture of learning and documentation so that lessons learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory and learning as well as to advocate on behalf of the communities with which we work.
الجهة المعلنة: IRC
مقر العمل: Amuda
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
عبر الرابط التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.