Administrative and Finance Assistant G6
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1115
المسمى الوظيفي: Administrative and Finance Assistant G6
اخر موعد للتقديم: 05.10.2018
لا يوجد شيء لذكره
Essential: At least 8 years progressive experience in in the area of administration, including experience in budget and finance field.
Desirable: Related Experience in the UN system.
Proven drafting skills.
Good analytical skills.
Basic knowledge of accounting/financial principles.
Sound organization skills.
Very good Stress and time management skills.
Ability to train other staff on administrative matters.
Knowledge of WHO systems, procedures and practices is an asset
– Respecting & promoting individual and cultural differences
– Producing results
– Knowing and managing yourself
- Arrange appointments and maintain HUB’s calendar, receive high ranking visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answers queries with discretion. Participate in the organization and preparation of staff meetings and other group educational activities or special meetings and take minutes and/ or notes. Prepare briefing materials for use during official trips or special meetings.
- Receive screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary information and maintain follow-up systems. Select and make pertinent abstracts and undertake searches for information. Draft/prepare on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility and ensure follow-ups. Maintain policy, confidential and general management files.
- Take notes on a variety of subject matters and transcribe, type correspondences, documents and reports etc. some of which are highly confidential. Keep list of names, addresses and telephone numbers of high ranking government officials. Diplomats and UN specialized agencies, Make travel arrangements for the staff and perform liaison duties with the main office.
- Make necessary arrangements for field visits and duty travel of team members, consultants and visitors.
- Brief and assist other staff as needed, arrange for meetings on a day- to – day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, assist in the preparation of office budgets applicable to conduct/organization of several programme activities/meetings and maintain necessary budgetary control records.
- Attend non-technical meetings with representatives from other UN agencies, MOH, etc. related to administrative issues, as required and follow-up on recommendations.
- Guide and brief staff and non-staff on WHO rules and procedures, and provide on the job training for administrative support staff
- Carry out specific administrative/operational/control tasks as needed
- Act as leave Administrator in GSM and monitor staff leave.
FINANCE, FOCAL POINT FOR WCO FINANCIAL MATTERS.
- Maintain an overview on budgetary, funding and related financial issues, closely monitoring deadlines, obligations, gaps etc. Draw supervisors’ attention to specific/unusual discrepancies or problems, recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Initiate, consolidate and prepare periodic reports on the budgetary situation, implementation rates and special financial reports; prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
- Administer the E-Imprest system, scrutinize and select data from variety of sources, ensure accuracy in calculations and attachment of necessary supporting receipts of payments and authorizations. Process and monitor of e-Imprest GL’s and all e-Imprest transactions including processing and reviewing of services purchase orders – Imprest, DFC’s, GES and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records in compliance with financial procedures and WHO rules and reply to auditors’ queries.
- Advise and brief all staff and non-staff on financial rules and procedures pertaining to allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters. Coordinate and supervise the work of other Finance Assistants, if needed.
- Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for Der Zor Hub related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC.
- Reconcile cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbook on a monthly basis
- Monitor timely transfer of program funds and awards budgeting GSM workplans. Monitor distribution and amendments of awards, follow up on cash receipts and unapplied receivable balances, monitor revisions of amounts vis-à-vis award distribution by SO/OWER and budget centre, check validity of awards, reporting deadlines and linkage of awards to projects and initiate action for expenditure batches.
- Participate in preparation of proposals for resource mobilization and support WR and national partners, in the follow-up of multi or bilateral pledges to ensure the availability of funds for the implementation of workplans and programme activities.
- Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required
الجهة المعلنة: منظمة الصحة العالمية
مقر العمل: دير الزور
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
عبر الرابط التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.