JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1108)
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Application deadline: 23.09.2018
Nothing To mention
- University degree in relevant field desirable, good analytic thinking.
- At least 1 year demonstrated work experience in logistics field or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s licence with clean record; Able to drive manual and automatic vehicles
- Experience in working in the humanitarian sector desired
- Experience in personnel management and logistic maintenance desired.
- Good in written and spoken English – (B2 level) , Fluent Arabic
- Computer skills (MS Package), IT and technically oriented desirable
- Trustable, committed, easy – going, an ability to function well independently
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
- High capacity to organize his/her work, and manage priorities;
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Providing day to day support to the Logistics Manager with facility management and their supplies, fleet management and assets.
Sample of main tasks and activities:
- Support the purchase assistant that all goods and services procured are purchased against supplies requests and according to SI procurement guidelines within Raqqa.
- Support in the collecting quotes and tracking market prices
- Recommending the purchases with the best correlation between quality and price to the Supply Chain Supervisor.
- Undertaking systematic negotiations on prices and services and enquiring about financial conditions
- Ensuring all supplies received are recorded on Delivery Note & information passed to the Supply Chain Manager
- Identify and assess local suppliers including setting up, and regularly reviewing preferred suppliers list.
- Contact with (administration, landlords, car rental, tax number, insurance, etc.)
Transportation and support on the fleet management
- Support in SI’s vehicle control procedures and movements e.g. logbooks to ensure they are in place and are properly & accurately maintained on the departure from Raqqa, smoothing vehicle movements with the cooperation of Ain Issa
- Following up individual travel, report all accidents to the line manager
- Ensure that a fuel safety stock is maintained at all times
Management of equipment/telecommunications/IT
- Update the daily/weekly stocks of stationary and assest and update the line manager about the regular entries or their needs
- Contact and collect info about the regular maintenance and needs, communicate about the needs for the office and preparation of lists to the hand of the Deputy Logistician • Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Help users in day-to-day ICT problems such as logging into the network, printing to network printers in the inpresence of IT supervisor
Supervising the maintenance and follow up of SI’s premises and infrastructures
- Following up the consumption of office material, fuel and lubricants used in Raqqa facility (office, house, store, etc)
- Cooperate with the logistics officer for Ain Issa and the Deputy Manager to ensure the proper utility and good shape of the facilities (Plumbing/ water and electricity supply device/ sanitary ware of the premises.
- Anticipate the needs for maintenance of the premises and equipment, by performing regular maintenance check-ups in the premises;
- Monitor the proper operation of all security and communication equipment in the vehicles
- Report all accidents to the line manager
- Working with Deputy Logistician on the submission that document of his agenda ares completed in a timely manner and in accordance with SI’s policies and procedures;
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm from Sunday to Thursday with one hour lunch break
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: الرقة
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.