Safety and Security Coordinator (SSC)
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1100)
Job Title: Safety and Security Coordinator (SSC).
Application deadline: 02.10.2018
Nothing To mention
- Degree in a relevant field required, minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree or other professional degree desired;
- 3-4 years of experience in direct security management and implementation;
- Previous experience working in international non-governmental organization;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel;
- Excellent oral and written English and Arabic;
- High level of computer skills on MS Office programs;
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action;
- Ability to work under pressure and with very short deadlines & strong communications skills;
- Flexibility, transparency, analytical skill and a sense of team work and good humor are essential to the job.
Internal Audit and Linkages
- After Operations has received instructions and they are ready to deliver, the Safety and Security Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate with Operations and Program Teams to determine if the access is secure, identifying the most appropriate routes, timing and locations.
- In the event there is a security incident related to the movement of personnel or humanitarian cargo, the Safety and Security Coordinator, with the support and guidance of the WOS Security Manager will be the responsible focal point to liaise with armed groups or other stakeholders for the retrieving of staff and cargo in the fastest and safest manner possible.
Access and Analysis
- In the event of proposed new activities, The Safety and Security Coordinator will conduct a full security and access analysis, evaluating current threats and possible future changes in context which could create a threat to the program and provide and updated actors mapping of NES.
- This will require high level networking, analysis and contextual comprehension in order to provide forecast for various scenarios which are constantly changing and fluid.
- When new projects are proposed, The Safety and Security Coordinator will be responsible to cross-check the network in order to identify and reduce the risk of possible threats. The Safety and Security Coordinator will be responsible to flag concerning issues, including issues related to armed groups, political factions, community alliances and other stakeholder nuances. In order to accomplish this, The Safety and Security Coordinator will be required to attend all meetings with field staff or other local stakeholders or their representatives in NES. If unable to attend, SC must delegate the Security Officer (once hired) and be sure to obtain a full briefing and update following the meeting.
- The Safety and Security Coordinator will be responsible to identify and alert NGO Hub Lead, CD and SMT about any and all threats, including those which might come from within the NGO team itself.
- Withholding key information about threats and analysis will be considered tantamount to a breach of contract and may result in warnings or other disciplinary action, including termination for serious, willful oversights.
- Because of the unique nature of the work and the sensitivity of the information and analysis required, this individual may be occasionally commissioned to undertake “special projects or assignments” that require exceptional discretion and skill.
The Safety and Security Coordinator will be expected to undertake these projects to the best of his or her ability, and to communicate clearly if the project is beyond the scope of The Safety and Security Coordinator experience or skill.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.