Deputy Field Logistician
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1085)
Job Title: Deputy Field Logistician
Application deadline: 30.09.2018
Nothing To mention
KEY REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Languages: Fluency in English (mandatory)
- IT skills: Comfortable with the use of Excel, Word and of an email account.
- Professional experience:
– Past working experience with an International Non Governmental Organization is valuable.
– Past working experience in Logistics positions is valuable.
– Past working experience in Logistics activities management positions is valuable.
– Knowledge of Rojava markets is valuable.
- Personal qualities: We are looking for an implicated employee with an affection for team work and good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Under the direct management of the logistics manager, the deputy Field logistician will:
Vehicle Fleet Management
- Take part in the vehicles movement schedules
- Follow that the maintenance and the reparation of each vehicle was done on a regular basis by the supplier
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Permanently ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligations to adhere to Solidarités International safety rules and procedures
- Ensure that vehicle logistics books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that vehicle mileage is monitored, consolidated, analysed and recorded
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored
- Supervise the movement tracking of the vehicles done by the tracking and communication operator.
- Ensure to fill the Check List Vehicle regularly
Durable Telecommunications Equipment Management
- Identify the needs of Telecommunication in accordance with the logistics manager’s strategy
- Optimize and perceived distribution of materials/assets according to task needs in collaboration with the logistic manager
- Train teams in the use of these communication means
- Cooperation with the logistics manager in the collection of the requests for ICT material and the maintenance.
- Ensure the procedure for delivery requests/on-site reclamation is efficient and well known
- Make sure the delivery forms are properly filled and understood by all the team
- Make sure that the transportation needs correspond to the program needs, and take part in drafting transport contracts.
- Ensure that all documents relating to the transport of goods and equipment are understood and well filled by the team: delivery voucher, packing list, distribution voucher, authorization of transporting the goods etc.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of field delivery procedures and share ideas with the logistics manager for optimizing the procedures. Monitor loading/unloading at the delivery site
- Make sure that outgoing truck loads to specific sites/buildings, delivery forms and Out of stock cards for equipment delivered by the technical service correspond.
- In charge to identify the needs of daily workers required for the deliveries.
Monitor stock procedures:
- Make sure that Entrance and Out of stock cards are delivered by the Technical service are valid (location, focal point, etc.)
- Make weekly updates to the technical team for monitoring the stock of tools/equipment, in collaboration with the stock manager.
- Ensure the procedure for the program equipment is well known and well done (in and out of stock are done by the person in charge)
- Prepare and update lists of spare parts necessary for the proper functioning of the program equipment
Supervising the maintenance and follow up of SI’s premises and infrastructures
- Ensure that the facilities are in clean and proper conditions.
- Ensure and monitor the quality and quantity of all furniture’s and supplies items in all facilities (office, house, etc)with the approval of the logistic manager.
- Ensure all maintenance of the premises and equipment are done
- Ensure Solidarités International offices and living accommodation are well maintained and all improvements of the building are identified and done
- Take part of the planning of accommodation for the external visitors with the logistic manager.
- Ensure emergency food box and equipment box is available in all locations
- Ensure first aid box is present in all locations
Manage field equipment:
- Make sure that field equipment is in good working order: generatorspump motors, etc.
- Schedule regular maintenance of equipment used in the field
- Monitor the use of fuel for field equipment
- Schedule regular maintenance of equipment used in the field
- Make sure that advanced bases and guest houses are properly maintained (buildings, electricity, plumbing and equipment) and report any problems to the Logistician or Logistics assistant
- Prepare, obtain the validation and pass on orders for purchases made in the field respecting Solidarités International procedures
Human Resources Management
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of national logistics staff.
- Ensure the regular appraisals of staff members under direct line management are conducted
- Assist the implementation of training and capacity building of the team, under the lead of logistics manager and in coordination with HR department as relevant.
- Take part in the assessment of team performance.
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the logistics manager in case of a problem. Monitor the teams to ensure that they are adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all staff comply with SI Code of Conduct, security protocols and internal regulation while carrying out all logistics activities.
- Be aware of every security threat within the work zone and keep the Logistician regularly updated
- Check monthly that emergency kits and tool boxes in vehicles and in living accommodation existing and are complete.
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Pass on any security-related information to logistics manager
- In charge to manage the watchmen (schedule, respect Solidarites procedure…)
- Supervise the logistics team in ensuring proper archiving of key documents and filling system in accordance with SI’s standard procedures.
- Prepare and submit weekly update reports on the progress of logistics activities / logistics data collection to the logistics manager
- Co-animate with the Logistics manager and actively participate in weekly meetings with all team members
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progresses of logistics activities for the consolidation of the monthly logistics pack by the logistics manager
- Provide the logistics manager with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports to donors
- Represent SI on behalf of the logistics manager and collaborate with relevant bodies: local authorities, suppliers, landlords…Ensure the compilation of the stock report and monthly sent to the logistic manager
- Provide the Logistics manager with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
- Report to the logistics manager any incident which can impact Solidarites activities or any staff.
- Report any issue concerning logistics matters to the logistics manager
The list above is not strictly definitive; an employee working within the framework of these tasks may carry out other tasks if asked to do so by his/her line manager.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.