JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1024)
Job Title: INTERPRETER
Application deadline: 12.09.2018
Nothing To mention
- Relevant degree or qualification in English language or related subject.
- Excellent knowledge (both spoken and written) of English, Arabic and Kurdish.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, intercultural sensitivity, teamwork and discretion with confidential information.
- High ability to adapt to flexible working hours, long field visits, an intense and stressful circumstances and a workload.
- Training in interpreting or translation.
- Knowledge or experience of NGOs / humanitarian work.
- Experience in working with children and vulnerable populations.
- Understanding of the child protection in emergencies.
- To work in team
- To protect children
- To be non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
SUMMARY OF ROLE :
Interpretation and Translation
– Developing a trusting relationship with both counterparts.
– Interpreting communication in English, Arabic and Kurdish between INGO staff, beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders.
– Supporting INGO staff in understanding the cultural background of the beneficiaries.
– Interpreting meetings and trainings, as required.
– Travel to and between field sites to support interpretation needs, as required.
– The accurate translation of key documents, reports and media content from Arabic to English and vice versa.
Child Protection Standards and Organisational Policies and Procedures
– Ensure all communication with beneficiaries and affected populations is facilitated in the most appropriate way guaranteeing the confidentiality, impartiality and neutrality, and flag when these are not being adhered to.
– Ensure that any visits to beneficiaries are in line with the above standards, and when inappropriate behaviour or discussion is observed, report this to the line manager.
– Participate in relevant child protection trainings, as required.
– Commitment to and understanding of INGO aims, values and principles including Child Safeguarding, the Code of Conduct and safety and security procedures, as well as other organisational policies.
– And other tasks and duties as assigned by the line manager
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.