JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1013)
Job Title: Logistic Manager
Application deadline: 15.09.2018
Please ensure to include the following doucment in zour application: ID card (Both sides) copy, Passport copy, any certifcate including experinces proof.
- Five years progressive management and leadership experience with at least 3 years’ experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management.
- Experience working with at least two of the following donors: USAID, BPRM, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of donor guidelines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Preferable excellent IT skills; strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
- Co-ordination of all program logistics; developing and implementing the hub procedures and policies for the management of the supply chain, travel and fleet, communication systems / IT, and emergency preparedness. Manage and delegate tasks as well as responsibilities to key international and national logistics staff.
- Ensure that NGO minimum standards of logistics procedures and hub policies are introduced and adhered to throughout the country of operation, briefing, training and supporting all relevant staff as required.
- Ensure that Global procurement policies and procedures are kept up-to-date. Ensure changes are disseminated in a timely manner and that all appropriate staff is trained and competent. Ensure local, national and international procurement practices are compliant with donor regulations.
- Participate in mobilization efforts and meeting for all new projects and project extensions. Participate in finalizing of Procurement Plans for the grant.
- Centralize the program supply chain by setting up of effective order management systems including pre-approved, preferred suppliers and framework agreements.
- Ensure that the supply chain is appropriate and cost effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, nature of the programs, and need for timely delivery.
Warehouse and Stock Management
- Provide support to the warehouse team and make sure systems and reporting is in place to allow effective storage and distribution of transit and centralized stocks.
- Make sure stock management systems are implemented and all key staff know and adhere to policies. Maintain stock with “first expiry, first out” system.
- Support in monitoring project stock levels and advice on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
- Oversee the stock management of pharmaceutical drugs and ensure that minimum standards are enforced in the management; inventory and transportation.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented. Improve on and ensure accuracy of reporting and tracking databases.
- Ensure regular rotation of stocks (particularly medical items) ensuring limited losses due to expiration
- Assist in the preparation of analysis and reports on inventory tracking, movements, etc. Analysis, reporting and follow up of such findings.
- Oversee routine physical stock counts, document discrepancies and report losses to finance
- Ensure receipt and reconciliation is done for all stocks which have been transferred from the warehouse to another location.
- Ensure a centralized asset register is maintained; ensure that all office and program assets are logged. For all assets maintain tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique asset number, ID tag and are tracked.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed of according to us and/or donor regulations. Ensure annual (or bi-annual) asset checks are completed; damage and losses are reported immediately.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are timely completed and submitted to the Finance/Program and other departments as appropriate. Ensure appropriate and timely disposal of assets as necessary according to donor standards and regulations.
Transport and Travel & Fleet
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with our standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles is achieved throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable. Ensure the efficient coordination timely delivery of supplies to projects.
- Ensure systems are in place to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor staff travel by road or air (national or international).
- Proactively develop the skills of staff to understand and utilize appropriate tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Visit Field offices on regular bases and work with field staff to identify operational needs and ensure that issues are raised with Hub Lead, Department leads and other staff.
- Design and implement capacity-building opportunities to strengthen the capacity of Operations staff.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations and ensure staff is held accountable in accordance with the Human Resource policies.
Administration & Information Technology (IT):
- Facilities management – All properties including office, warehouse(s) and guest house(s)
- Oversee administration functions such as reception, office consumables, storeroom management, etc.
- Ensure office compliance to global IT policy and procedure, standard equipment and licenses.
- Working with Security, make sure the practical and effective implementation of the country security guidelines are in place for all logistics activities.
- Monitor appropriate sections of the budget(s). Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to Hub Lead and other key staff as agreed.
- Review monthly Logistics’ reports and give feed-back to all operations staff, Department Managers and other key staff as needed.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the team; sharing information on the assessments and proposed interventions, providing overviews of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
- Liaise with government, UN and other agencies as necessary. Represent us at Log Cluster and other relevant meetings.
- Comply with all relevant our policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.