JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (998)
Job Title: IT Supervisor
Application deadline: 07.09.2018
Nothing To mention
- University degree in IT (or equivalent qualification from a technical institution or substantial working experience in domain) desired
- Languages: Fluent in English, and Kurdish (mandatory), Arabic desired
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in excel and word
- Professional experience:
– Past working experience in the humanitarian sector is valuable.
– At least min.2 years experience working as network administrator/IT officer
– Knowledge of hardware, Knowledge of SQL servers; Window 2003 servers, NAS network, Knowledge on SharePoint services
– Actual programming (computer programming with languages like C, C++, or Java) is desirable
- Personal qualities:
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Meticulous with attention to detail.
– Organization skills
– Be able to work independently as well as in a team
– Implication and commitment
Supervise equipment security and the use of the mission’s IT resources
- Ensuring workstations adhere to IT standards.
- Ensuring antivirus software usage guidelines are respected, and that antivirus protection is constantly monitored and installed on all computers.
- Supervising the data back-up system (back-up policy)
- Installing and maintaining local networks in the mission according to standards (router, Wifi AP, NAS server, Internet modem).
- Maintaining computers, printers/scanners and conducting monthly checks to ensure that maintenance tasks have been executed;
- Capitalising data and procedures related to the use of IT resources and networks and communicating this information upstream to line management
- Check UPSs status and arrange replacements when necessary.
- Implementation and support of ICT infrastructure including also: Internet communication links and related hardware; WAN and VPN site links and related hardware; remote access infrastructure; Wireless LAN standards.
- Manage the email client software [Outlook] to ensure smooth functioning of email service.
Supply and document the IT inventory and network
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for SR-s as assigned by manager(s) – as per SI standards and formats;
- Ensure the reception of the goods as per the description on the supplies request/purchase order and their conformity to SI standards.
- Knows the local market and available suppliers. Participate on the selection from the best suppliers to request quotes from as per price, quality, and availability, compatibility with existing SI supplies & after sales service.
Improve the efficiency of IT resource use
- Resolving everyday user problems
- Providing users with software support for sharing files, emails etc.;
- Suggesting IT resources that could be implemented to improve user work efficiency in accordance with SI standards;
- Checking that network equipment is operating correctly (server, ADSL modem)
- Reporting problems encountered and solutions implemented
Participate in the management of telecommunications resources (radio, satellite and local phones and modem, Internet)
- Ensure the administrative management of ICT resources and equipment (set-up a monthly equipment ID file, Labelling, registering, updating lists and files, etc….)
- Ensure physical management and follow up of ICT resources and equipment (inter base movements, transportation, storage, responsibility form and follow up)
- Ensure that the base means of communication are operating correctly and monitor them
- Perform regular tests on their usage, ensure equipment reparation if needed/when requested
- Ensure the maintenance procedure (procedures to use the equipment, to maintain it)
Promote user awareness and train users in the use of ICT resources, strategy and policy
- Training users on equipment and applications;
- Training users on the use of IT equipment and software.
- Training users on the correct use of IT resources, NAS server, and respecting IT security rules;
- Training users (particularly log team) on the correct use of Telecom means (Radio, Satellite, internet)
- Sensitize country staff to changes and improvements in technology
- Proactively understand the software needs of the mission, manage and supervise the implementation through the use of contractors (when appropriate).
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Ein Issa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.