Senior Protection officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 895
Job Title: Senior Protection officer
Application deadline: 31.07.2018
Applicants from same area of operation and CVs with PDF and Word Format is Preferred.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, nurse, or education degree related field, or a minimum 2 years of professional experience as a social/case worker/within an NGO and received massive training sessions in psychosocial and protection subjects.
- 3 years working experience in the NGOs.
- Language skills: Arabic, English, and Kurdish;
- Experience providing case management, basic psychosocial support services, and community outreach; experience providing psychological first aid a plus;
- Experience working with refugees, and other populations experiencing a lack of social protection and social inequalities;
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Knowledge of communication strategies and techniques;
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows, MS office programs (Word, Excel).
- Project implementation, monitoring and evaluation experience;
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environment;
- Being able to work with different groups of people is essential for social workers; He/she must have strong skills to foster healthy and productive relationships with their clients and colleagues.
- Set strategies and operational measures to effectively prevent and respond to SGBV;
- Coordinate with the Community Mobilization and Social Teams to assess the social activities situation in the camps.
- Nominate the relevant social activities to cover the camp residents’ needs in coordination and cooperation with other partners working in the camps.
- Communicate and coordinate with UNHCR and organizations who are working in the camps to avoid the risks of protection.
- Oversee and manage individual protection cases.
- Facilitate referrals to partner agencies providing services in accordance with the Standard of Care, as needed per each individual case;
- Document all interactions with clients or other contacts in relation to a client’s case in accordance with case management system.
- Participate in the development and implementation of outreach and community engagement plans;
- Ensure adequate project monitoring systems and evaluation procedures are in place applying appropriate tools in order to collect and update all progress indicators for the project;
- Developing awareness raising and staff training programs to raise awareness on GBV;
- Participate in the development and production of communication materials (leaflets, posters, brochures) to raise awareness.
- Act as the focal point for all Gender related issues;
- Prepare weekly and monthly plan for the social activities.
- Maintain positive relationships with program partners;
- Support the team with reports’ template and review the weekly and any other type of reports
- Assess the team skills and capacity, and propose the needed training workshops.
- Coordinate with other INGOs, UN Agencies, and training centers to conduct the needed training sessions.
- Participate in related meetings with the donor and other partners/stakeholders.
- Any other duties.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al-Hol Refugee Camp / Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.