JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 890
Job Title: Security Officer
Application deadline: 31.07.2018
Applicants from same area of operation and CVs with PDF and Word Format is Preferred.
University degree in Law, International Law, political Sciences or related fields.
- 3 year working experience in the NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
- Good experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, and outlook).
- Experience in handling of web-based systems.
- Have high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to present clear and concise information.
- Monitor and follow up the political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Follow up the media and communications about the security and safety situation in NE Syria in general and focus on Al Hol, Roj, and Newroz Camps regions and its countryside, and verify the gathered information by secondary and trusted sources.
- Conduct security assessments and identify safe havens for emergencies and develop precautionary measures to mitigate risks and strategies to be followed
- Conduct security assessment, threat analysis and risk assessment when required.
- Coordinate with Local Authorities and Camp Administration to facilitate tasks for staff and vehicles movement.
- Maintain regular contact with field staff.
- Mapping areas of conflict and potential threats, evacuation plans and checkpoints.
- Provide a brief summary of critical events in the region, when needed.
- Reporting on risk classification and accidents of all kinds by 4W.
- Preparing appropriate recommendations for the challenges and security obstacles.
- Prepare the incidents and weekly reports highlighting objectives and achievements and impact on beneficiaries in accordance with approved guidelines and donor formats.
- Develop and strengthen mechanisms for peace, safety and security promotion among the refugees and the host community
- Conduct regular formal and informal consultations with refugees and their leaders on the mechanisms and strategies for increasing collaboration in monitoring, reporting and responding to their safety and security concerns.
- Any other duties as required.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al-Hol Refugee Camp / Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.